Spanish Meat Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups of prepared bread
- 1 cup of finely minced cold-cooked mutton
- 1 cup of pimento olives, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of finely minced onions
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 cup thick cream sauce
Mix thoroughly and then pack into the prepared loaf-shaped pan. Place
in a larger pan containing hot water and then bake in a moderate oven
for forty minutes. Serve with olive sauce.
To prepare bread, soak stale bread in cold water; press dry; rub through fine sieve.
Mrs. Wilson's Cook Book (1920).
comments powered by