Salad a la Mode Canadienne
- 2 cooked carrots
- 2 cooked beets, cut in dice
- 2 onions, chopped fine
Shred the coarse green leaves of lettuce fine and then place in salad bowl and add carrots, beets, and onions. Toss gently to mix and then prepare the following dressing:
- 1/2 cup of vegetable salad oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated onion
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of finely minced green or red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/2 cup of catsup or chili sauce
Place in fruit jar, shake until well blended and then pour over the salad as you serve it.
Mrs. Wilson's Cook Book (1920).
comments powered by