- 2 cupfuls of brown sauce
- 1 cupful of consomme (common stock will do)
- 4 tablespoonfuls of vinegar
- 2 tablespoonfuls of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoonfuls of chopped capers
- 2 tablespoonfuls of chopped cucumber pickles
- 1/4 of a teaspoonful of cayenne
- 1 teaspoonful of sugar
- salt to taste
Cook the onion and vinegar in a sauce-pan for three minutes.
Then add the sauce, consomme, sugar, salt and pepper. Boil rapidly for five minutes, stirring all the while.
Add the capers and pickles, and boil three minutes longer.
Miss Parloa's New Cook Book.
comments powered by