Reference > Kitchen Equipment > Glaze-Kettle


This is a kettle used for keeping the strong stock boiled down to a jelly, which is known by the name of glaze. It is composed of two tin vessels, as shown in the cut, one of which, the upper,--containing the glaze, is inserted into one of larger diameter and containing boiling water. A brush is put in the small hole at the top of the lid, and is employed for putting the glaze on anything that may require it.


Print recipe/article only


The Book of Household Management (1861).

comments powered by Disqus