- sheep's tongue, liver and heart
- 1 pound of bacon
- 2 large chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoonful of red pepper
- 1 teaspoonful of mixed herbs
- 1 pint of toasted oatmeal
- 2 beaten eggs
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
Chop the sheep's tongue, liver and heart and bacon. Add onions. Season with red pepper, mixed herbs and salt to taste. Mix with toasted oatmeal, eggs and the lemon rind and juice.
Then clean the pouch of the sheep and fill with the mixture. Lay in boiling water and let boil three hours. Serve with apple-sauce.
365 Foreign Dishes (1908).
comments powered by