Over 32,000 entries from more than 80 cookbooks dating back to 1658. More recipes and other interesting items added every week!
Recently Added Recipes
- Stewed Tripe
- from Hand-Book of Practical Cookery (1884) Added 17 September 2014.
- Meat Curry with Pastry
- from The Khaki Kook Book (1917) Added 17 September 2014.
- Green Peas Soup
- from The Art of Cookery (1802) Added 17 September 2014.
- Whole Wheat or Health Biscuits
- from The New Royal Cook Book (1920) Added 17 September 2014.
- What to Do With Jelly Left Over
- from The Century Cook Book (1901) Added 17 September 2014.
- Mrs. Wilson's Cook Book
- Published in 1920, written by Mary A. Wilson of Mrs. Wilson's Cooking School, Philadelphia.
- The Queen-like Closet or Rich Cabinet
- Published in 1672, written by Hannah Wolley.
- The White House Cookbook
- Published in 1887, written by Mrs. F.L. Gillette and Hugo Ziemann, Steward of the White House.
- American Cookery
- Published in 1796, written by Amelia Simmons, an American Orphan.
- Simple Italian Cookery
- Written by Antonia Isola.
- Food Descriptions
- Wondering what Junket is? Or what Assiettes are? Find out in this section.
- Find out what was served at the White House for General Grant's Birthday Dinner. Or how much food you need for a Supper for Fifty.
- Tips & Hints
- Stubborn laundry stains? Annoying crickets in the house? Lots of old-fashioned advice here.
- Terms, Weights, Measures
- How much is "butter the size of an egg"? How hot is a "rather hot" oven?
- Cooking Methods & Techniques
- Find out how to render fat. Or how to mix frozen foods.
...more reference categories...